The Libraries have created a fund to help Carnegie Mellon authors pay Article Processing Charges (APC) to publish in open access journals – offering up to $1,500 per article, with a cap of $3,000 per author per fiscal year. Ideally, the corresponding author’s department will also contribute to paying the APC.
Conditions for funding:
- Author cannot have grant funding that could be used to pay the APC
- Journal must provide immediate open access to all peer-reviewed articles and have a publicly available standard article fee schedule
- Journal publisher must be a member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association or adhere to its Code of Conduct
How to apply:
- Submit a Request for Funding to Pay Article Processing Charges + the invoice for the APC
- See Financial Support for Open Access Publishing for further information